- SequenceState is deprecated. It will be removed in VRS 2.0.
- The first manuscript for VRS has been submitted. Please cite https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.15.426843v1.
- SequenceExpressions replaces SequenceState with more sophisticated expressions such as sequence repeats and sequence derived from a location.
- Gene enables reference to an external definition of a gene, particularly for useas a subject of copy number expressions.
- CopyNumber captures the copies of a molecule within a genome, and can be used to express concepts such as amplification and copy loss.
- VRS 1.2 introduces a new classification of variation types. Molecular Variation refers to variation within or of a contiguous molecular. Systemic Variation refers to variation in the context of a system, such as a genome, sample, or homologous chromosomes. Utility Variation classes provide useful representations for certain technical operations.
- NestedInterval represents imprecise or uncertain locations.